Proposal Writing Clinic
Learning objectives focus on results
Participants learn a strategic writing process that focuses on the readers' needs. After the program, learners will be able to
- demonstrate an understanding of their clients’ industry, trends, and needs in all communications
- outline persuasively how their proposed solution or service supports clients’ needs
- structure their proposals for maximum impact
- use best practices to achieve consistency within a team of geographically diverse members
- work on team presentations towards a shared vision of success
- analyze requests for proposals.
Create winning, persuasive proposals
In this consultative, lab-like module, participants work on their own proposals and receive specific feedback from the facilitator. Better Communications® consults with you before the program takes place in order to understand your firm’s proposal writing process and templates.
- working within proposal templates
- understanding and writing the recommended components for letter and formal proposals
- overcoming participants' individual proposal challenges.
Proposal writers and editors who have completed Write to Win Sales®. We focus the workshop on the group’s needs. We can customize at your request.
Blended learning and tools support ongoing development
1. Books: Write to the Top: Writing for Corporate Success (Random House) and the Instant-Answer Guide to Business Writing, by Deborah Dumaine, founder of Better Communications
2. Laminated job-aid: The Six Steps to Reader-Centered Writing® and the Focus Sheet™
3. Electronic version of the Sales Focus Sheet™ and/or the Multiple Readers’ Focus Sheet™
4. The Document Analysis and Rating Tool (DART)™ to guide editing and measure quality
5. FBI Worksheet
6. Personal Learning Plan to help with future development