Career opportunities–join our team!
Our expert team trains and coaches professionals and executives to write clearly and persuasively. Essential to success, great business writing delivers game-changing improvements in ROI and productivity.
Clear writing—whether in documents or decks—provides a well-lit path that drives profitability across any enterprise.
We offer a friendly environment and a culture of fun and good humor. Come work for a company where you will feel rewarded every day: you will go home with a feeling of accomplishment, knowing you made a difference!
Even if there are no immediate job openings, we're always looking for quality facilitators, editors, consultative salespeople, and support staff. Please submit your resume in MS Word.
- Consultative Sales Professional
- Sales Support Associate / Editor
- Instructional Quality Coodinator
- Professional Facilitator, Strategic Writing Skills — independent contractor
Consultative Sales Professional
We're seeking an experienced sales professional to work from our Waltham, MA, headquarters. Join our high-performing team and enjoy collaborating with great clients and colleagues. We are a close-knit group—articulate, passionate, committed to client-focus, willing to pitch in and help each other out—and we value challenging, fun, and meaningful work. If this sounds like the environment for you, apply!
With the explosion of written communication in business, there is a growing opportunity to sell business writing solutions to companies seeking a strategic advantage. Clear communication is the differentiator of the future—those who lead and succeed will be the ones who communicate clearly in writing! We have a 90% customer retention rate and a 30-year history of success, including ten years’ experience in online learning.
We offer competitive compensation comprising a base salary, commissions, and performance bonuses. Benefits include medical and vision insurance, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance, 401K matching, and flex spending plan.
Primary function and responsibilities: Sell full range of learning services and capabilities to new and existing clients. Initiate, manage and expand long-term client relationships. Able to travel out of state 4-5 days per month the first year, possibly less later.
- Identify, develop, and retain key accounts
- Proactively engage in prospecting activities. Concentrate on new business development opportunities in targeted industries and geographies as well as new buying center relationships in existing clients.
- Demonstrate strategic selling approach to identify, target and penetrate companies with needs appropriate to Better Communications’ services and products. Consistently link Better Communications’ capabilities with client’s business issues and strategic objectives.
- Qualify accounts and capture accurate information in the company CRM.
- Develop winning proposals and deliver presentations with other resources as appropriate.
Job experience/environment: 8-10 years of sales experience in a complex business environment with emphasis on selling intangible services. Previous success in a sales or business development role for L&D, OD, Talent Development, or Training products; established relationships with the learning community is a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in business or communications is a plus.
Technical skills: Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills; strong conceptual and analytical skills; extensive knowledge of the business environment; forecasting skills; strong customer-centered selling skills.
Managerial skills: Time and project team management skills, very strong influence skills, exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
How to apply: Please submit your resume/CV and letter of interest firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Consultative Sales” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Learn more about Better Communications at www.bettercom.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sales Support Associate / Editor
We are seeking a highly motivated, service-oriented professional to provide daily administrative and editing support for our executive sales team. This position is an integral part of the Better Communications® (BC) team, focusing on supporting local and remote senior sales colleagues, servicing clients, tracking sales processes, and contributing to special projects. You will be joining a high-performing team that is passionate about clear writing--an exciting opportunity to combine a love for writing with learning the ins and outs of the consulting business.
As a key member of the team you will:
--Provide support to our Sales VP's by effectively handling incoming leads by e-mail and phone
--Custom-write and edit client proposals
--Interface with clients regularly and handle special requests
--Schedule and attend client phone meetings for SVP's as needed and write up workshop profiles
--Track sales process milestones by accurately entering all sales activity into database
--Coordinate outreach activities and sales research
--Coordinate webinars and various other events as necessary
--Collaborate with the Instructional Quality Department on client needs
--Create Results Reports to show workshop evaluation data to clients
--Provide general office support (meeting set up, travel arrangements, errands)
Experience and education requirements
• Excellent writing and grammar (writing samples and testing required)
• 2+ years experience in an administrative environment
• Highly organized with strong PC skills (MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
• Great attention to detail
• Able to manage multiple and changing priorities; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Proven ability to support customers over the telephone
• BA from accredited college, English major preferred
About us: Clear writing for a complex world
Better Communications is a global learning and consulting firm dedicated to helping organizations become more productive and profitable through clear writing. Learn more at www.bettercom.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to work with a talented team of colleagues and business leaders from around the globe.
How to respond
Please send us:
• a cover letter detailing your relevant accomplishments and salary requirements
• your current resume
• a several-page writing sample
Refer to "Sales Support Associate/Editor" in your submission.
Editor / Instructional Quality Coordinator
Do you have a special passion for writing? Do you want to be part of a dedicated team and use your excellent editing skills? If you want to be a part of the optimistic world of corporate training, please read on!
Better Communications is a growing company with a high-performing staff that is passionate about our mission: to improve the writing of corporate America. We offer a family-friendly environment and a culture of fun and good humor, especially around puns.
This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of our instructional quality team. Come work for a company where you will feel rewarded everyday: you will come home with a feeling of accomplishment, knowing you made a difference!
Skills and qualifications of a successful candidate
- superb grammar, editing and business writing skills—you will serve as an in-house grammar guru and editor
- the ability to work well with a team and provide constructive writing feedback
- three to five years of business experience
- the ability to juggle multiple projects and strict deadlines
- expert computer and visual design skills--advanced Microsoft Word and Power Point skills.
Having instructional design or teaching experience is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work with a talented team of colleagues. We are conveniently located in Waltham, MA. Learn more about Better Communications at www.bettercom.com.
How to respond
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant accomplishments to: email@example.com
Reference "IQ Editor" in your submission.
Seeking candidates residing in NY/NJ, Northern California, Chicago
We are looking for a technology-savvy, charismatic facilitator to lead our Reader-Centered Business Writing workshops for corporate professionals either live or in the online classroom. Candidates must have experience as a trainer or communications specialist to be considered for this independent contractor position. Excellent compensation with the possibility of international travel.
You should be an experienced facilitator and an expert writer
Please apply for this position only if you fulfill these requirements.
- a high-energy communicator
- an excellent writer (published preferably).
- three years of corporate training experience
- three years of other business experience
- a business- or English-related graduate degree (MBA or MA)
- a very flexible schedule and are willing to travel.
Multilingual ability is a plus.
Experience teaching online workshops is preferred.
How to respond
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to "Professional Facilitator " in your submission.