Career opportunities–join our team!
Our expert team trains and coaches professionals and executives to write clearly and persuasively. Essential to success, great business writing delivers game-changing improvements in ROI and productivity.
Clear writing—whether in documents or decks—provides a well-lit path that drives profitability across any enterprise.
We offer a friendly environment and a culture of fun and good humor. Come work for a company where you will feel rewarded every day: you will go home with a feeling of accomplishment, knowing you made a difference!
Even if there are no immediate job openings, we're always looking for quality facilitators, editors, consultative salespeople, and support staff. Please submit your resume in MS Word.
- Consultative Sales Professional
- Sales Support Associate / Editor
- Instructional Quality Coodinator
- Professional Facilitator, Strategic Writing Skills — independent contractor
Consultative Sales Professional
We're seeking an experienced sales professional to work from our Waltham, MA, headquarters. Join our high-performing team and enjoy collaborating with great clients and colleagues. We are a close-knit group—articulate, passionate, committed to client-focus, willing to pitch in and help each other out—and we value challenging, fun, and meaningful work. If this sounds like the environment for you, apply!
With the explosion of written communication in business, there is a growing opportunity to sell business writing solutions to companies seeking a strategic advantage. Clear communication is the differentiator of the future—those who lead and succeed will be the ones who communicate clearly in writing! We have a 90% customer retention rate and a 30-year history of success, including ten years’ experience in online learning.
We offer competitive compensation comprising a base salary, commissions, and performance bonuses. Benefits include medical and vision insurance, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance, 401K matching, and flex spending plan.
Primary function and responsibilities: Sell full range of learning services and capabilities to new and existing clients. Initiate, manage and expand long-term client relationships. Able to travel out of state 4-5 days per month the first year, possibly less later.
- Identify, develop, and retain key accounts
- Proactively engage in prospecting activities. Concentrate on new business development opportunities in targeted industries and geographies as well as new buying center relationships in existing clients.
- Demonstrate strategic selling approach to identify, target and penetrate companies with needs appropriate to Better Communications’ services and products. Consistently link Better Communications’ capabilities with client’s business issues and strategic objectives.
- Qualify accounts and capture accurate information in the company CRM.
- Develop winning proposals and deliver presentations with other resources as appropriate.
Job experience/environment: 8-10 years of sales experience in a complex business environment with emphasis on selling intangible services. Previous success in a sales or business development role for L&D, OD, Talent Development, or Training products; established relationships with the learning community is a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in business or communications is a plus.
Technical skills: Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills; strong conceptual and analytical skills; extensive knowledge of the business environment; forecasting skills; strong customer-centered selling skills.
Managerial skills: Time and project team management skills, very strong influence skills, exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
How to apply: Please submit your resume/CV and letter of interest email@example.com. Reference “Consultative Sales” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Learn more about Better Communications at www.bettercom.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seeking candidates residing in NY/NJ, Northern California, Chicago
We are looking for a technology-savvy, charismatic facilitator to lead our Reader-Centered Business Writing workshops for corporate professionals either live or in the online classroom. Candidates must have experience as a trainer or communications specialist to be considered for this independent contractor position. Excellent compensation with the possibility of international travel.
You should be an experienced facilitator and an expert writer
Please apply for this position only if you fulfill these requirements.
- a high-energy communicator
- an excellent writer (published preferably).
- three years of corporate training experience
- three years of other business experience
- a business- or English-related graduate degree (MBA or MA)
- a very flexible schedule and are willing to travel.
Multilingual ability is a plus.
Experience teaching online workshops is preferred.
How to respond
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to "Professional Facilitator " in your submission.