We are seeking an experienced sales professional to join our home team. With the explosion of writing as the medium of choice for global business, there is a growing opportunity to sell business writing solutions to companies seeking a strategic advantage. Clear communication is the differentiator of the future—those who lead and succeed will be the ones who communicate clearly in writing! Join our high-performing team and enjoy collaborating with sophisticated clients and colleagues. We have a 90 percent customer retention rate and a 30-year history of success, including 10 years’ experience in online learning.
We offer competitive compensation comprising a base salary, commissions, and performance bonuses. Benefits include medical and vision insurance, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance, 401K matching, and a flex spending plan.
Primary function and responsibilities
- Sell full range of services and capabilities to new and existing clients.
- Initiate, manage and expand long-term client relationships.
- Identify, develop, and retain key accounts.
- Proactively engage in prospecting activities. Concentrate on new business development opportunities in targeted industries and geographies as well as new buying center relationships in existing clients.
- Demonstrate strategic selling approach to identify, target and penetrate companies with needs appropriate to Better Communications’ services and products. Consistently link Better Communications’ capabilities with client’s business issues and strategic objectives.
- Qualify all accounts and capture accurate information in the company CRM.
- Develop winning proposals and deliver presentations with other resources as appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable about the industry business issues in your portfolio and how Better Communications’ services can help solve them.
Desired skills and experience
Job experience/environment: 8-10 years of sales experience in a complex business environment with emphasis on selling intangible services. Previous success in a sales or business development role for L&D, OD, or training products; experience developing new business and maintaining long-term client relationships; established relationships with the learning community preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business or communications is a plus.
Technical skills: Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills; strong conceptual and analytical skills; extensive knowledge of the business environment; forecasting skills; strong customer-centered selling skills.
Managerial skills: Time and project team management skills, very strong influence skills, exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
Professional attributes: Independent, self-driven, and well-organized; inspires confidence in self and company; models customer focus; demonstrates sound business judgment, common sense, and insight; understands how to work with multiple levels of buyers.
How to apply: Please
- submit your résumé/CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- reference “Consultative Sales” in the subject line of your e-mail.