Consultative Sales Professional
We’re seeking an experienced sales professional to work from our Waltham, MA, headquarters. Join our high-performing team and enjoy collaborating with great clients and colleagues. We are a close-knit group—articulate, passionate, committed to client focus, willing to pitch in and help each other out—and we value challenging, fun, and meaningful work. Our results change the lives of our learners every day; it’s inspiring to watch. If this sounds like the environment for you, apply!
With the explosion of written communication in business, there is a growing opportunity to sell business writing solutions to companies seeking a strategic advantage. Clear communication is the differentiator of the future—those who lead and succeed will be the ones who communicate clearly in writing! We have a 90% customer retention rate and a 30-year history of success, including ten years’ experience in online learning.
We are a sales-driven company that offers competitive compensation comprising a base salary, commissions, and performance bonuses. There is no cap on potential earnings. Benefits include medical and vision insurance, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance, 401K matching, and flex spending plan.
Primary function and responsibilities
Sell full range of learning services and capabilities to new and existing clients. Initiate, manage and expand long-term client relationships. Able to travel out of state 2-4 days per month the first year, possibly less later.
- Identify, develop, and retain key accounts.
- Proactively engage in prospecting activities. Concentrate on new business development opportunities in targeted industries and geographies as well as new buying center relationships in existing clients.
- Demonstrate strategic selling approach to identify, target and penetrate companies with needs appropriate to Better Communications’ services and products. Consistently link Better Communications’ capabilities with client’s business issues and strategic objectives.
- Qualify accounts and capture accurate information in the company CRM.
- Develop winning proposals and deliver presentations with other resources as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have 8–10 years of sales experience in a complex business environment with emphasis on selling intangible services. Previous success in a sales or business development role for L&D, OD, or Talent Development preferred, but not required. One of our top people came from insurance! Established relationships with the learning community are a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business or communications is a plus.
Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills; strong conceptual and analytical skills; extensive knowledge of the business environment; forecasting skills; strong customer-centered selling skills.
Time and project team management skills, very strong influence skills, exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Please submit your resume/CV and letter of interest to email@example.com. Refer to “Consultative Sales” in the subject line of your e-mail. All applications will be seriously considered to determine potential matches.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.