Creating Powerful Presentations™
What business outcomes can you expect?
This advanced workshop helps leadership teams to plan, write, and design presentations that engage and inspire others to act. Our unique audience-centered writing process cuts through complexity to bring clarity to business decisions. Your team will gain new strategies and skills to
- create credible, professional messages that persuade
- gain buy-in quickly by answering “so what” early and often with bottom-line messages
- structure arguments logically and persuasively using the Presenter’s Map tool and pyramid logic
- speed up planning and editing by using an easy process for delegating and coaching presentation team writers effectively—reducing overall time up to 50%
- measure and agree upon the quality of every presentation with our Strategic Presentations Analysis and Rating Key (SPARK)™ tool.
This program does not cover delivery skills, such as confidence or speaking techniques.
The focus: creating memorable presentations that drive action
Learners use The Five Steps to Writing Audience-Centered Presentations to plan, draft, and edit an on-the-job presentation. After the program, learners will be able to
influence with credibility and professionalism
- analyze the audience to motivate and “sell” the key message using the Presentations Focus Sheet™
- target the needs of multiple and/or culturally diverse audiences
write attention-getting PowerPoint® presentations
- use storyboarding to build a well-crafted presentation
- enhance visual design—use images and graphics in new ways for impact
- create effective handouts
streamline messages to reduce complexity
- limit content to what audiences need for decisions
- learn editing skills for slides
- eliminate jargon and wordiness
- improve parallelism and passive voice for influence
- apply visibility/readability standards to slides and handouts
write for results
- position the key message and persuaders strategically
- use the “you” attitude
- end with a call to action
- use a rating tool to evaluate the quality of presentations.
Who should attend?
Anyone who writes or creates presentations for internal or external audiences.
Blended learning and tools support ongoing development
- The Instant-Answer Guide to Business Writing by Deborah Dumaine, founder of Better Communications®
- Better Communications’ workbook
- Presentations Focus Sheet™, Presenter’s Map, and storyboarding techniques
- The Strategic Presentations Analysis and Rating Key (SPARK)™
Download this free eBook to learn how to better hold attention in your presentations and strategically persuade viewers to act.
Learners will be able to
- influence with credibility and professionalism
- write attention-getting PowerPoint® presentations
- streamline messages to reduce complexity
- write for results
“We get faster decisions, reduce the number of meetings, and win more deals, because we now have a clear framework for building and reviewing PowerPoint presentations for clarity and logic—before they go to stakeholders, both internally and in the market.”